5 1⁄2cupsChicken Stock
3lbChicken Thighs, bone in, skin on
1 1⁄4lb1 ¼ lb Clams, scrubbed
1lbShrimp, raw, shelled, deveined
3⁄4lbMussels, scrubbed, debearded
1⁄2cupsPancetta, diced or Chorizo
1cupsRed Onion, diced
1cupsRed Bell Pepper, diced
1⁄4cupsExtra Virgin Olive Oil
1tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Lemon wedges for garnish
Paella Pan, for cooking
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat: 4g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium saucepan bring the stock and saffron to a simmer.
- Heat paella pan on medium-heat heat, add olive oil and chicken skin side down. Season the chicken with sea salt and black pepper to taste, cook for 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Transfer chicken skin side up to a sheet pan and bake for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Add pancetta to paella pan for 5 minutes until edges become crispy. Transfer to bowl, sauté red bell pepper, onion and paprika for another 5 minutes. Add to bowl with pancetta.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and add Lundberg Family Farms Organic Sushi Rice. Stir until evenly coated with oil and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, stir until thoroughly incorporated and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, do not stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cooked chicken thighs, shrimp, clams and mussels to the rice, arrange evenly in a circular pattern.
- Add peas, continue to cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes more. Remove from heat and let stand another 5 minutes. Garnish and serve.