15oztofu, firm, patted dry, large cubes
1cupsgreen onion, thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
3tbspavocado oil, 2 tbsp reserved
3tbspginger, grated, 1 tbsp reserved
3tbspsesame oil, 2 tbsp reserved
Sesame seeds, for garnish
Green onion, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 36g||46%|
|Saturated Fat: 5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 73g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, rice, seasoning packet, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, and 1 Tbsp grated ginger. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and add broccoli florets and the white slices of green onion to a lined sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp avocado oil and salt to taste. Bake for 20 mins.
- In a large sauté pan, add 2 Tbsp avocado oil and 1 Tbsp sesame oil over medium heat. Add tofu and stir occasionally to prevent from sticking. Sauté for 15 mins or until all sides are golden brown.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, tamari, sambal, ginger, sesame oil, and lime juice. Add to sauté pan and stir until tofu is coated in sauce, about 3 mins.
- For each serving, measure about 1 cup of rice. Layer with roasted broccoli and top with tofu and sauce. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!