6cupsButternut Squash, diced
3cupsVegetable Broth, low sodium
2cupsBell Pepper, Yellow, diced
15ozCoconut Cream, reserve 2 Tbsp. for drizzle
1 1⁄2cupsShallots, diced
1⁄4cupsGarlic, whole cloves
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Neutral Oil, for frying
Cilantro, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 9g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 54g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|
- In a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse 1 cup of Lundberg Organic Tri-Color Blend Quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear. Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1 1/3 cups water or broth and bring to a fast simmer. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to maintain a low simmer, and cook for 17 minutes. Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Set oven to 425°F. Arrange the squash, bell peppers, shallots, garlic, and ginger on a lined baking sheet with coconut oil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add to a blender with vegetable stock, coconut cream, and turmeric. Puree until smooth, add to a stock pot, and bring to a boil. Simmer until desired thickness is achieved.
- In a large sauté pan, add enough oil to coat the pan over medium heat. Add cooked quinoa in small batches and fry until crispy. Season with sea salt to taste and set aside
- Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle with reserved coconut cream, top with fried quinoa, and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!