3cupsreduced-sodium chicken broth
2 3⁄4cups(about ¾ pound) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1onion, finely chopped
1⁄4cupsdry white wine
1tbspgrated lemon zest
1⁄4cupsgrated parmesan cheese
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 2.5g||3%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|
- Bring broth and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add asparagus and simmer until just tender, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer asparagus with a slotted spoon to an ice bath to stop cooking; drain. Keep broth on low.
- Sauté onion in butter until softened, add rice and stir 1 minute. Add in wine and stir until absorbed.
- Stir in broth mixture 1 cup at a time and briskly simmer, stirring constantly until absorbed. Continue adding broth mixture one cup at a time, stirring until absorbed, before adding more broth.
- Risotto is done when it has the consistency of pudding. (There maybe leftover broth.) Take off heat.
- Stir in asparagus, lemon zest, and parmesan. Pepper to taste.