|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 3.5g||4%|
|Saturated Fat: 0g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|
- In a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse 1 cup of quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1 1⁄4 cups water or vegetable broth and bring to a fast simmer.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- In a large bowl, toss green salad, scallion and cucumber with cooled quinoa and add your favorite salad dressing. Top with dried cranberry and toasted almonds.