1onion, finely chopped
3cloves garlic, minced
1can (14.5oz) tomatoes with jalapeños, undrained
2cans (15 oz) pinto beans, drained
2cans (7 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
1⁄4tspdried red pepper flakes (optional)
2cupsshredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, divided
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 8g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add onions and garlic; cook for 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent. Transfer into a large bowl. Stir in Lundberg Long Grain Brown Rice, tomatoes, beans, and green chilies.
- Heat water to boiling and stir into rice/bean mixture; pour into baking dish. Stir in one cup grated cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender. (If rice is tender but excess water remains, remove foil and cook 5 more minutes.)
- Just before serving sprinkle with reserved grated cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, sliced green onions, cilantro, and salsa.