1bunch rainbow chard, ribs removed from leaves
2cloves garlic, minced
1tspolive oil (use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes!)
Salt and black pepper
1⁄3cupssun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsely diced
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F. Thoroughly grease a non-stick 9″ cake pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Slice rainbow chard rib into small pieces and cut leaves into 1″ wide ribbons.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced chard ribs and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chard leaves and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add minced garlic, pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for an additional minute.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until slightly frothy. Add 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and milk. Stir in rice and sautéed chard.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- While the frittata bakes, blend together the ingredients for the compote until fairly smooth and homogenous. Add 1 Tbsp. of water. If the mixture is too thick, add another Tbsp. of water.
- Remove frittata from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve with a dollop of sun-dried tomato and balsamic compote. Enjoy!