10disks of rice paper or spring roll papers
1small head of red leaf lettuce, washed, and separated into whole leaves
1English cucumber, julienned
1large carrot, julienned
1red bell pepper, julienned
10sprigs of fresh cilantro
20sprigs of fresh mint
7ozbaked tofu, cut into thin slices
2tbspchili garlic sauce
4tbspLundberg Brown Rice Syrup
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: .5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 67g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber: 10g||36%|
- Cook quinoa according to package direction. While quinoa cooks, combine the lime juice and tamari in a large bowl. Set aside until quinoa is ready.
- Julienne the cucumber, carrot and pepper. Prepare the lettuce. Remove herbs from steam. Cut tofu into piece.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Once quinoa is cooked toss in the tamari mixture until well combined.
- To assemble spring rolls, pour very hot water into a shallow dish or skillet and immerse rice paper to soften for about 10-15 seconds.
- Carefully remove rice paper from water and flatten on a damp cutting board.
- To the middle of the wrapper add a generous spoonful of quinoa, and layer of lettuce, carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, tofu and fresh herbs on top.
- Gently pull the bottom of the wrapper up toward the center, then tuck in edges, and continue rolling until seam is sealed, like folding a burrito.
- Place seam-side down on a serving platter and cover with damp warm towel to keep fresh. Repeat until all fillings are used up – about 10 spring rolls total.
- Serve spring rolls with sauce. Enjoy!